15 August 2008

Started out bad but ended not so bad

Ok i'm finally back at work today just long enough to get some bad news.
So everything was looking like it was on track, I got the information on my move for Alexandria and I heard my RPA (whatever that is) is going along nicely.  I then let the boss know my last day will be Tuesday based on all the move stuff and he comes back with a not if the job offer doesn’t come through, ok so now I’m paranoid.  Does he know something I don’t.  Damn it to hell, what’s next.  So now I’m trying to get everything in order anyway just in case everything falls into place because it’s better to be prepared and not have to be then to be scrambling.  Of course I only have an hour because we have to go to Ft Meade for our APAC tour and I’m running out of time.  Then I realize I don’t even know where we are going, no address or anything, lucky the Maj emailed me back in time with directions, it was close. 

So now I’m running out the door because with DC traffic you never know if you’re going to get to where you need to be on time if you don’t leave extra early.  As I am stuck in traffic on my way to MD, I get a call, it’s the official job offer BUT they weren’t aware of my GS 11 pay.  They ask me to send an email accepting the position naming the salary I am expecting.  Have to make sure that’s in writing, but of course I can’t do this until way later in the day as I have no access to a computer while heading to MD.  I’m anxious to get that email out so the paperwork can start rolling.  I finally get back from MD around 1400hr and I still haven’t eaten yet, stupid DC traffic and shoot off the email.  Thank goodness the person is still in the office and she replies with a confirmation of the salary I wanted GS 9 Step 7 and the position.  So it looks like things are flowing.

Oh yeah did I mention my boss is going to be gone the next week so if there is a glitch I’m in big trouble.  Hope nothing goes wrong between now and then.

No comments: