12 October 2008

The job

OK So now I have been settled in the job for a few weeks and it has been a busy few weeks.  I am glad my position is community relations as that is what I wanted to do but I never realized how busy that position can be especially when you ‘re in a community as supportive of its troops as Augusta, GA.  Of course that’s a two-sided sword, it means they also ask a lot of you, which is where I come in.  With Veteran’s day coming up, I have had at least 10 requests for things such a speakers, color guard, firing detail team and of course the Band.  It takes a lot of coordination and you can’t always support everyone, which isn’t fun, then I also get the wonderful job of telling those we can’t support.

That is not the only thing I do, I also deal with all volunteer requests, which come in often as well.  This does give the soldiers the opportunity to give back to the community they are currently a part of. 

Another thing I am working on is feeding the troops for Thanksgiving.  Several churches have invited troops to join them in a Thanksgiving meal and trying to coordinate that is not as easy as I thought.  

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sounds like fun to me!! I hope you are enjoying it.

I was wondering where you have been! I forgot you're going to Canada. Have fun! I hope you wave at Pentagon Row for me as you drive by! :)

P.S. Finally got internet again at our house so I'll be back to my blog and on facebook again.