20 July 2008

The class continues and it doesn't end there

OK so the day has already started out bad.  We are sitting in the boring class and of course certain people had to reseat themselves to sit behind K & I.  I don’t like it when people sit behind me, especially since I had my things sitting behind me and now I had to move them beside me. 

Yesterday didn’t end that well either I went off to go shopping after I picked up my son from school which probably wasn’t the best idea since I was already tired and still trying to recover from the boredom.  I digress, so as I am in the process of going to the first store a good friend of mine that I haven’t seen in 7 years calls me up to let me know he will be in town for a week so I am a happy camper now, but this of course distracts me so I didn’t notice that I was charged for something I shouldn’t have been at he first store.  Also after looking at the receipt from the first store I realize the nail polish I loved in Canada and therefore bought there for $11, only cost $3.99 here, what the hell.  So then I move on to the next store where there are no issues on the quick return (I am still on the phone during this time).  Now I move on to Home Depot and of course this is where things go array but I don’t realize it until later.  Then I’m off to the Auto parts store because the other day some lady behind me pulled up beside me to let me know my brake light was out. My original reason to going to the store was to get windshield wiper fluid so as I  am pulling out of the parking lot to go to Wal-Mart, I realize I bought the bulbs which was a secondary item but forgot the wiper fluid. 

So we finally get to Wal-Mart and off to the toy department we go and the whole time I am reminding myself not to forget the wiper fluid.  Also need to remember to get K to check to make sure the brake lights are now working but so far I have forgotten every time we were near the car. 

By the time we get home I am now exhausted and only have enough energy to heat the rice I cooked the other day and then stuff my face with cake.  I finally get my son to bed and decide to re-pot the plants into the new pots with the new soil.  After I finish and as I am putting the soil away I realize that I am officially either an idiot or blind, on the bag is a big pot with an X through it, the soil is not to be used for potting.  (I’m voting for the blind) WHAT they make soil that can’t be used in pots are you for real.  So now of course I have to go get new soil for POTS.  I knew I shouldn’t have gone to Home Depot, I don’t like the store to begin with, should have just gone to Lowe’s.

Now I am trying to decide where in ABQ I’m going to live.  I really want a house so I can have a little garden but the majority of house rentals are in Rio Rancho which is about 18miles from work but still under consideration as gas is cheaper there.  I could always have a little box of soil (I will have to make sure it is a type that can go in a box) on a patio or balcony but it would limit what I could grow.  On the other side of that I would be in a good school district AND close to work approximately 5 miles or so.  I am hoping to make a trip out there before the move if all goes well J

I couldn’t wait until the class was done so I could head to the mall for some alone shopping.  It’s funny how the little things can be a lot harder when you have a child to amuse with you.  Alone shopping is such a treat; of course I usually buy too much stuff and end up returning all of it J

I went to my high school alumni website site last night and it’s amazing how it has been up-graded. http://www.kahsalumni.org/  It’s nice to see old classmates giving up-dates.  I also went to another alumni site where it’s a little more personal, people can comment on your picture and send you notes ect. It’s just getting started, I think once it’s in full swing, it will be great too. http://ktownraiders.ning.com/

After the class finally ended and almost on time too, 1300hr or so, K & I head back home.  And there I finally remember to get her to check my break lights and all is well.  So off to the mall I go and end up spending much more at my Aveda store than I had planned.  Then I stop at the mini-mall area up the street.  I go into Barnes & Nobles to get some more books for the Book Fairy to drop off, then to Rack Room Shoes to see if I can find anything new, then to Target to get the wrapping paper for the birthday party.  Now I pick my son up, then we head to Lowe’s to get the Potting Soil to replace the non-potting soil I accidentally bought the other day. 

Here is where the day starts to get to sucky, we pull out of Lowe’s and are on Route 1 and of course there is a red light.  As I look at my dashboard, lights start going on, and then the car dies.  What the hell….. Yup in the middle of rush hour and in the fast lane I am now stuck unable to move.  It took the tow truck an hour to get there but at least 45 minutes into the wait some really nice men push us out of the main road and onto a side st.  When I called Toyota to get the tow they said the Tow truck driver would get us home but of course when we get to Toyota (5 minutes before closing) the driver says they don’t do that.  So now I have to go in a figure out how the hell I am going to get us home. I manage to talk the guy there to give us a loaner, thank goodness. The guy at Toyota said it probably is just the battery and he will let me know tomorrow.

At least I got my coupon from Starbucks for my free drink.  See being a rewards member does have its benefits.

No comments: