10 July 2008

well it's been decided

OK so I was going to post yesterday but I was still a little pissy. I was basically cornered into taking Albuquerque whether I wanted to or not. My boss wouldn't even consider trying to get Kentucky for me, guess it was too much work. Now at least I know when I am leaving but unfortunately my son will start his first year of school late because for some insane reason Albuquerque starts their school year 12 August (what the hell). I am officially leaving here the 13th of August which I was pretty ticked at especially if I had known I would be forced into Albi they why dragged it out until now, at least if I had been forced early I could have made it there before school started. The only good thing about leaving here so late is I get to see one of my good friends who use to be sort of my supervisor in the AF. She will be in the DC area the first weekend of August and had I left my original depart date I would have missed seeing her before she left for Korea for 2 years. So now I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out where in Albi to live or if I should go to Rio Rancho (which is almost 20 miles from work). There are a few places in Albi that are ok but I am having a hard time figuring out where I should look to be in the school district I want. I sort of know for Rio Rancho but that's a much smaller place. I'm sure I will add more on this topic but I've run out of steam after a long day of running people around the job.

No comments: