04 August 2008

Finally some good news

After standing my ground with the boss, 20 minutes later he hands me a perfect (ok not perfect but good enough) job in Augusta, GA. I'll be working ComRel which I really like so it's not a bad offer. A hell of a lot better than Albuquerque. The schools are much better here according to test results, YEAH.
So these may not be as great as Panama City but I figure I have to keep reminding myself of these few facts, Augusta to:
Chapel Hill, NC 301 miles (4 hours)
Atlanta, GA 148 miles (2 hours)
Ottawa, Canada 1081 miles (16 hours)
Orlando, FL 398 miles (6 hours)
Jacksonville, FL 257 miles ( 3 1/2 hours)
Washington DC 546 miles (8 hours)
Fort Campbell, KY 456 miles (7 hours)
New Orleans, LA 611 miles (9 hours)
Montgomery, AL 303 miles (4 hours)
Columbia, SC 72.5 miles (1 hour)
One bad thing is, schools start Monday the 11th so by the time we get there and settled in my son should be about a month behind. Guess he'll be doing some extra homework :) (am I evil or what I've had him doing homework all summer haha) But the good part of this means they end 22 May and tickets to Germany should still be cheap then.
Back to a good thing, did I mention cost of living works nicely for my salary. In other words I can afford a nice little 3 bedroom (about 1400 Sq Ft) down there. Yup, that's right GUEST ROOM.
I have also been told I will need to take up golfing as it is a big golf city or something like that. I have already discovered where the tennis courts are and how much lessons my K will cost, same goes for swimming.
Did I mention Augusta has a Riverwalk, I loved the Riverwalk in San Antonio, I hope Augusta's is just as nice.
There is no zoo which is a little disappointing but I hear there is a good one in Columbia, SC besides we can go to Orlando for a weekend and swim with the dolphins.
Now for more bad. I looked at a calender and things are really getting tight. If all goes well and the paperwork I need comes by Thursday I will be very lucky to get out of here on time, if not who knows exactly when I will arrive down there. That's one thing I can 't control, time and paperwork so we'll see what fate has planned.
I think that's enough of an up-date for now. I am excited so I'm sure there will be more to come.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

So crazy that you'll end up only about an hour from where I was!!

Congrats on Fort Gordon, I really think you'll enjoy it!

It's about time you updated, btw! haha (even though I hear about it every day hehe)