25 August 2008

my movers are awesome

Today is the first day I am dealing with movers and it was a good day.  I take my time get to the POD storage facility expecting the movers to get there around 9,10 or 11 but what a surprise to me they're already there when i pull up at 0807.  Great now let's see how long I will be stuck here, total 3 hours NICE.  I have a lot of running around to do.  GA requires kids to have their dental records to enroll so I have to work on that, get some food as we have none in the hotel, try to get my hair done sometime while i'm here (i know not really important but it will be the last time i can get it done as i haven't found anyone better that Tracy anywhere).  I also want to go get a pedicure sometime in the near future from my favorite spa here, G'day as again she is great, plus I can't find the color she uses anywhere I will have to buy some off her.  I decided also to stop by Toyota and see how much the timing belt and water pump are going to cost ( i have already mentioned the ridiculous price they want to charge in another blog but as a reminder they want about $850-900). So I stop by the Toyota place I use to use and low and behold they will charge me $600, I have to find time to get that done here.  Also I found out that the power steering fluid is suppose to be red so the other place got one over on me when they told me it wasn't suppose to be and i paid them to flush it and fill it.  That seals the deal I wont go back there again.
Side note, the damn Langley Inns, SUCK, the TV remote did not work, the room is really badly designed and the DVD player doesn't work.  Boy was K mad at me, cause he wanted to finish watching the movie we were watching in the car and he couldn't when we go into the hotel room.  oops.  And the internet sucks too.  
I asked the movers if they could load my stuff tomorrow so that we can get out of here on Wednesday with plenty of time to get to DC as K is testing for his white belt in Tae Kwon Do and that starts at 1700hr ( I want to take off from here nlt 1100hr).  If it goes like today (please please let it), we'll be on track.  I also arranged for the car to be taken car of in the morning tomorrow (so much for having the credit card paid off between tires and this plus a few other things it's right back up there, damn it, at least i had one statement with a zero balance).
I also managed to get in a pedicure appointment for tomorrow at 1300 (hope the car is done in time) and the dental records will be ready after 1400hr.
I hope to up-date tomorrow after I see how everything goes.

No comments: