12 March 2009

First day at the ACC tournament

The trip was uneventful, thank goodness but because I was being lazy with our departure we arrive a little late for the 1st game.  It's all good though, it's not like it was UNC playing because we would have been way early for that.
No snow which is always good.
So we get to the 1st game after paying $10 for parking which I thought was ok until I found out there were no in and out privileges. This is not exactly good when you have a 6 year old in tow and there are 4 games and you know eventually you will have to leave for a bit and come back.
Don't even get me started on the over priced food either.  Oh and I just wanted a nice hot tea and even that was going for $4.
In the first game I wanted Miami to win as UNC had trouble beating Virginia tech but of course Virginia Tech won 65-47.  Damn it #1
Second game Clemson vs Gerogia Tech, didn't really have someone I wanted to win in that one, but decided I didn't want Georgia Tech to win just because i"m not liking it down here. SO of course they won 86-81.
Third game (yes there were a lot of games) Maryland vs NC State.  I no likey MD at all.  There was no way I wanted them to win.  Of course they do 74-69 but it was a really good game and close up until about the last 15 minutes of the second half.
The fourth game was Boston College vs Virginia. Another team I didn't want to win, Boston College as they were one of the few teams that beat UNC this season. Obviously you must see the trend by now meaning they won 76-63.  This too was a pretty good game so no complaints.  We left just before the 1st half ended as it was getting late, it was already past 2200hrs and K was getting sleepy.  He did pretty well today except for a minor infraction at the first game.  After much talking things went much better the last two games.

Well it's getting late and I want to make sure we're up bright and early.  Tomorrow is the big day, UNC vs Virginia Tech at noon.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

GO HEELS!!!!!!

No comments: