21 February 2009

Letter to USAirways in regards to my experience of a major delay

This letter was submitted on their website via email on Friday 20 February, 2009.

I really hope you are able to help with this. I had some serious delays on our last flight from AGS to SAT. On 14 Feb, early Saturday morning, we proceeded to the Augusta Airport at 0400 in the morning to catch our 0535am flight. Upon arrival, check in was fine and we proceeded to the gate. As the departure time approached, we were not boarding, after a while we were told due to maintenance issues our flight was delayed. Finally around 7am they say they have another flight coming from Charlotte, NC that will arrive by 0900am giving us enough time for our connecting flight San Antonio. Unfortunately that flight was delayed and we would now no longer make our connection. As there was only one counter agent to rebook many people on the flight I called USAirways to see if I could book a later flight out of Charlotte, NC. There were none available and the agent was able to book me on Delta flights leaving Augusta at around noon and finally arriving in San Antonio, TX at 7pm much later than planned. When I go to retrieve my luggage so I can check in with Delta there were more issues. I also asked if there was anyway I could maybe have some kind of food coupon so something we could use once we arrived in Atlanta, GA as we had been sitting in an airport now for almost 8 hours before going anywhere and the Augusta, GA airport has only a coffee stand. We also ended up missing our 3pm Barbecue our friends we were going to see had planned for us.



And now because USAirways booked us on Delta flights I have to jump through hoops to get our air miles for those flights.



I would really appreciate some form of compensation. Preferably in a travel voucher for the both of us or up-grades to first class on our next flight. We are planning to go somewhere in May and it would be nice to fly comfortably. Also if there is anyway you could get our airmiles on to our accounts, I would really appreciate it.

I really appreciate you taking the time to look into this matter.

Thank you



No comments: