18 September 2013

Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead - Atlanta, GA USA

The last time we stayed in this hotel was in 2010 and things have changed. They have remodeled the rooms and they look nicer but they did not think out the floor plan very well. In my room, they had to cut a hole in the door so you could close the bathroom door. The door and the toilet would otherwise collide. Also for a newly renovated room, the dishwasher had some issues, the soap area in the machine would not close. The room is cramped as they tried to put too much furniture in it and the placement of the TV is way off. There is really nowhere to sit comfortably and watch. The pillows are also very small, not a normal sized pillow. They may want to get some larger ones.
The breakfast was ok but they were out of 2% milk one day and it took them a while to get it fixed. We left before it was fixed. It was nice to have some fresh fruit available and be able to make your own waffle. They could have had more cereal selections (only four) and more tea selections especially mint tea. The breakfast people were hard to find when items needed to be refilled. We only ate there once out of our stay since it was easier to have breakfast in the room. We bought some groceries and ate most of our meals in room.
The one main thing that bothered me the most and I am not sure how they will be able to correct it, is the smell as soon as you walk in the front door. It is not a pleasant smell but thankfully it does not go beyond the front desk area. The first person who greeted us wasn’t very pleasant but the rest of the folks at the front desk were outstanding.
I was a little surprised but it was my own fault as I thought I was getting a room with a separate bedroom. Make sure you read the description carefully. I had a Queen Studio Suite. The suite part is what through me off and made me expect the separate bedroom. The room we stayed in was 414. I really liked the free covered parking and the wireless internet, definitely assets.

No comments: