18 September 2013

The Maranton House Hotel - London

We stayed here in July for 3 nights and although I have seen worse, I don't think I would go again. We were downstairs in room #1. The carpet needs some major cleaning probably replacement would be better. I would not walk on it barefoot. The shower also had some mold so I wasn't going in there. It smelled freshly cleaned when we walked in but it's just old. The head board is not set-up well, I banged my head several times when waking up and forgetting there was a small shelf above me. The location was great though, close to the tube, lots of stores and restaurants. TV had no channels except one, sometimes but we weren't there to watch TV so not really an issue just would have been nice when trying to relax after a long day. We booked this hotel based on t e reviews as the one we originally chose had only horrible reviews we figured this would at least be better. We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on that and we survived our stay but won’t be going back.
Room Tip: Don't take a basement room.
 

No comments: